Wargrave Women and Girls Football Club is proud to host the 2019 Five/Six-a-Side Women and Girls Football Tournament, on Sunday 19th May 2019.
The match schedule for 2019, featuring almost 90 teams, is now available by clicking on the following link, with live updates on the day: http://5aside.wargravegirlsfc.co.uk
This family event promises to be a great day out for spectators and players alike. There will be refreshments and a BBQ available throughout the day. Feel free to bring along your team gazebo and come and support from the side-lines. There will be trophies and medals for all winners (everyone under 10 is a winner!).
The format for all ages is a League competition, followed by a knockout competition determined by the number of Age Group entries:
- Age Groups with 8 or more entries will be formed into 2 leagues and then a Champions knockout for teams placed 1st and 2nd and a Europa knockout for teams placed 3rd and 4th; in each league.
- Age Groups where there are up 7 entries will be formed into a single league followed by a Champions knockout for the top 4 teams.
Teams will play a minimum of 4 games and a maximum of 7 games (depending upon the number of teams entered), with most teams playing 5-6 games.
Timings (subject to slight adjustments):
- U9, U10, U11 – Teams can register at the administration tent from 08:30-09:00 with a briefing at 09:15 (all managers to attend) for 09:30 start, presentations at 12:00
- U8, U12, U13 – Teams can register at the administration tent from 11:00-11:30 with a briefing at 11:45 (all managers to attend) for 12:00 start, presentations at 15:00
- U14, U15, U16, U18/Women, – Teams can register at the administration tent from 14:00-14:30 with a briefing at 14:45 (all managers to attend) for 15:00 start, presentations at 17:30
Entry categories are based on BCGFL player age groups for the 2018/19 football season.
U8, U9 and U10 teams may have a maximum of 8 players (6-a-side) in a squad.
U11, U12, U13, U14, U15, U16, U18/Women teams may have a maximum of 7 players (5-a-side) in a squad.
All proceeds go towards equipment for the Wargrave Women and Girls Football Club.
Any questions, please email: email@example.com
We will be playing the Tournament at the Piggott School this year: