Wargrave Women and Girls Football Club is proud to host the 2019 Five/Six-a-Side Women and Girls Football Tournament, on Sunday 19th May 2019.
Registrations can be made at the bottom of this page.
This family event promises to be a great day out for spectators and players alike. There will be refreshments and a BBQ available throughout the day. Feel free to bring along your team gazebo and come and support from the side-lines. There will be trophies and medals for all winners (everyone under 10 is a winner!).
The U8 and U9 age groups will play friendly matches on a league basis, with the emphasis on participation and fun, rather than winning or losing. For everyone else, the format is a League competition, followed by a knockout competition determined by the number of Age Group entries:
- Age Groups with 8 or more entries will be formed into 2 leagues and then a Champions knockout for teams placed 1st and 2nd and a Europa knockout for teams placed 3rd and 4th; in each league.
- Age Groups where there are up 7 entries will be formed into a single league followed by a Champions knockout for the top 4 teams.
Teams will play a minimum of 4 games and a maximum of 7 games (depending upon the number of teams entered), with most teams playing 5-6 games. You might also like to follow our Twitter account @WargraveGLFC for updates throughout the day
Timings (subject to slight adjustments once final entries recieved):
- U8 , U9, U10, U11 – Teams can register at the administration tent from 08:30-09:00 with a briefing at 09:15 (all managers to attend) for 09:30 start, presentation at 12:00
- U12, U13, U14 – Teams can register at the administration tent from 11:00-11:30 with a briefing at 11:45 (all managers to attend) for 12:00 start, presentation at 15:00
- U15, U16, U18/Women, – Teams can register at the administration tent from 14:00-14:30 with a briefing at 14:45 (all managers to attend) for 15:00 start, presentation at 17:30
Entry categories are as follows and are based on BCGFL player age groups for the 2018/19 football season:
- Under 8 Girls (6-a-side)
- Under 9 Girls (6-a-side)
- Under 10 Girls (6-a-side)
- Under 11 Girls (5-a-side)
Under 12 Girls (5-a-side)Competition Full Under 13 Girls (5-a-side)Competition Full
- Under 14 Girls (5-a-side)
- Under 15 Girls (5-a-side)
- Under 16 Girls (5-a-side)
- Under 18 Girls & Women (5-a-side)
Each team may have a maximum of 7 players (5-a-side) and 8 players (6-a-side) in a squad.
Entry fees per team: £35.00 (maximum of 7 or 8 players per team entered)
Deadline for entries is Friday 3rd May 2019.
Please note that the number of teams per category is limited and the entries will be dealt with on a strict first, come first served basis so please book early to avoid disappointment! As an added incentive, if teams are tied in the group stages, the first registered team will be the one to go through to the next round (no coin tosses required!).
All proceeds go towards equipment for the Wargrave Women and Girls Football Club.
Any questions, please email: email@example.com
We will be playing the Tournament at the Piggott School this year and so will update our ‘Location and Directions’ link in due course.
The match schedule will be published after the close of registration and before the tournament starts. There will be a link to all the matches, with live updates on the day. This is how the tournament played out in 2018: