Our primary aim in the U11 football is that the girls have fun. The most important thing at this stage is that the girls enjoy coming to the football and want to come again.
We run training every Thursday 7:00-8:00pm & play a match most Saturday mornings. Our sessions follow a rough structure that the girls get used to which includes :-
- Warm up sessions
- Coaching sessions : Skills
- Coaching Sessions : Teamwork
- Small sided game
- Wrap up
- Skills – passing, dribbling, tackling, restarts
- Teamwork – how to play as a team
- Thinking – focuses on the decisions that the girls will make in the course of a game
Our Key Principles for this Season are as follows :-
- Fun: The most important thing is that the girls enjoy coming to football and want to keep playing
- One club: We have girls with different levels of experience but treat the girls as one club with no streaming between the two squads. At training sessions we will train together as one club combining Lions and Tigers (see below).
- Squads: We will run two squads – Lions and Tigers – that will play against other U11 girls teams. The girls will play in the same squad (either Lions or Tigers) from September to December. Each squad will consist of approximately 11 girls – pending final numbers. Rotating squads: In December we will mix the girls into 2 new squads for the second half of the season (January to March) so that the girls get to play with different players and get coached by different coaches on match days.
- Matches: We play matches at Kensington Road on Saturday mornings between September and December and then January and March at Kensington Road. The matches will be 7 aside with 2 halves of 20 mins each. For each match we will take a squad of no more than 9 girls so that all the girls get to play 30 mins out of the 40 mins match.
- Rest weekends: At current numbers there will be roughly two weekends a term that girls are rested for Saturday matches – either based on your availability or if we have too many girls for a weekend based on rotation. We will communicate the team for each weekend at the start of the week.
- Coaches: The coaches will be the same as last season – Jeremy, Aidan, Paul and David. For the first half of the season Jeremy and Paul will run the Lions squad and Aidan and Dave will run the Tigers squad on Saturdays. keep everyone involved
Some Photos from last season below :
Coaches: Paul Kelly, Jeremy Morris, Aidan Simmons, David Beazley